Sunday, May 5, 2013

Back pose, a little bit of progress and lots of good feelings


Third week, 9 hours of fashion design course were completed yesterday. We have been introduced to the secrets of the back and over the shoulder poses, and the profiles which I am going to ignore for the moment – I don’t think we need them and they seem too difficult.

Before I get to the back pose, I realized there are two more materials needed that I haven’t mentioned. The colored markers (specific for fashion design) and the Uni Pen fine line – water and fade proof pigment ink (the 0.2 seem like a good choice, it’s not too thin and not too thick). I use it for the outlines, on top of (or replacing) the HB pen.





Ok, so no getting back to the back pose, I have to say it wasn't easy. The plain back was ok, but the over the shoulder was a bit challenging. This week I will be practicing the 4 poses that we will be using from now on: front, three quarter, back and over the shoulder. Once I get the templates that I am happy with, I will start to use the templates instead of drawing the figure each time I want to do a sketch.

Below are my attempts in the class – the naked and the dressed ones. I can see a little bit of progress and I’m happy J




I have few assignments for this week and need to practice more. I’ll let you know what and when.

I realized I am not talking at all about how I feel about this venture and I will be covering this in another post. The only thing I can say now is that it feel right and I enjoy it. I don’t think about the finality, I only enjoy my way to some direction I can’t see quite clearly yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment