Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sixth week of fashion design course and still loving it :)

So here we are, six weeks completed, four weeks left. In the last two weeks I tried not to bore anyone with all the details of what we learned, but shortly we have been through rendering different types of fabrics, types of sleeves, collars or neck lines.

We are actually more into practicing and learning by doing now, also discussing the fashion industry, trends, how to find inspiration, designers, fabrics.

Now the stories of the pictures below. The following is what I did in the class while assigned to draw a design that has as inspiration WATER. I thought a sailor collar in a blue shade (using just the only blue marker I have), a top with a tortoise pattern (which I imagine more like a corset, with some kind of applications to build the pattern)  and a pair of grey long pants will do it. While there were many easy options like a flowy blue dress etc,  I wanted to do something in a more unusual contrast of colours and textures. The belt is gold. (There are many markers I can't find, inclusive black, gold, silver and I still miss lots of colours that I would like to use.)

     

The second design is the result of an assignment to draw an outfit which included a jacket. I used a normal black permanent marker for the dress which is not really great. The jacket is a simplified and better version of a sketch I did a couple of weeks ago.

     

The third design story goes back to almost two years ago when I bought this beautiful Korean silk - which is still a piece of fabric at the present moment. I never knew what to do with it, so I am starting to apply my knowledge and skills learned in this course to a very real situation. I kind of like the dress below and is something that would fit my style, however I am still trying to imagine the back: would it be simple, like the front, or with a V line going down lower than the middle of the back? If it's simple, the black belt will be tight in a small bow in the back, if not I would probably have to have it tightened at the base of the shoulders with a bow, so it doesn't fall off the shoulders (or maybe with a fine golden chain?). Anyway, I have to go to the tailor very soon with this one.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment