Monday, May 13, 2013

Forth week of fashion design - getting into fabric details

Saturday's Fashion Design course was more like a practicing session, where we learned how to use the tracing paper and got to practice different poses. So another way to draw poses without thinking too much  is to copy from magazines on tracing paper (see below). After you copy the shape (try to guess where the body lines are behind the clothes), you can draw another similar one that is closer to a fashion figure (leaner and taller). Then you can draw your own clothes on it. I used the same figure to illustrate what we learned: lace and jeans. I wish I had a different shade of blue and some other colors. My next acquisition is some extra colored markers.

                          

So finally we learned how to draw the lace, however for a better rendering I would need to get a black fine pen of 0.1 (the one I used here is a 0.2 and it is a bit too thick). If the lace is transparent, draw first the skin color, if it has a lining draw the color of the lining first and then the pattern of the lace.

                                         

And finally, as i was supposed to be practicing satin and lace, I thought it would be a great idea to draw my favorite ever red gown. For shiny fabrics like satin, we show the shine of the fabric with white lines, as below.






No comments:

Post a Comment