Monday, May 6, 2013

In a practicing mood

Last night I wanted to practice my drawing skills, grabbed the sketch pad and the new fine line pen (which I love and I prefer to the HB pencil), I googled again "famous fashion designers sketches" and here it is the result.

                  

                                 

                                                 

Letting aside the non originality of my sketches and designs (practically I looked for famous design sketches and tried to copy them), I am quite impressed about the result. These are stylized sketches, which I really prefer to the "realistic" ones, as they convey more attitude and they are easier to work with.

I figured that learning how to draw the different "real" fashion poses and understanding the proportions of the human body and its movements is helping a lot in rendering an idea, an attitude, without having to draw the full body (of course, some areas of the design will require detail drawing, but this is another story).

Back to practicing!


No comments:

Post a Comment